Cooking the Classics: Chicken Scarpariello
Whether you’re having a Friday out with your date or with friends, our cooking classes provide you with a perfect option to experience something different in a fun learning environment. Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine specifically paired to the meal and learn how to make this famous Italian-American dish.
Our classes are organized so you work together in a hands-on, fun and engaging environment with our professional chef instructor.
Rosemary and olive oil farinata (chickpea flatbread)
This delicious version of Italian flatbread is popular in Tuscany. We will blend our chickpea flour with water and olive oil and add fresh rosemary. This pan-baked flatbread is a delicious start to our meal, and is easy to make!
Chicken Scarpariello, fondant potatoes and pancetta sautéed veggies
Chicken Scarpariello is a classic Italian-American dish of chicken, sausage, vinegar, onions and peppers that has all the flavors and textures: Tangy and rich, spicy and sweet, tender and crunchy. It traditionally includes chicken, Italian sausage, onions, peppers, potatoes, wine and garlic. We will also sauté vegetables with pancetta (Italian bacon) as a delicious side to compliment the chicken dish.
Summer stone fruit free form crostata
A crostata is a small, rustic Italian free-formed pie or tart. They are delicious and easy to make. Our version includes juicy, delicious and summery sweet fresh fruit, blended together and baked in a pastry until the crust is golden and the fruit is tender and bubbly.
• You will be actively cooking and preparing food for most of the class
• Students are usually grouped into teams of 4
• Classes are 2 – 2.5 hours, unless otherwise noted
• This class is limited to 24 students
• You will be standing and cooking for most of the class
• Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and be sure to pull back and secure long hair
• You will enjoy generous tasting portions of every dish
• You will receive a coupon good for $10 off in-store purchases at Glorioso’s Italian Market
• You must be 21 or older to attend this class
This class will be held at Glorioso's Appetito - 1020 E. Brady Street Milwaukee.