Making Fresh Pasta: Carbonara
In our sauce foundations class, you will focus on making the perfect carbonara sauce. Not only that, but you will also be making fresh pasta to go with it!
Learn the feel and texture of fresh pasta as you create your own dough from scratch and design your own pasta meal. Students will learn to make fresh spaghetti. With the fresh spaghetti, students will make their own Carbonara.
Spaghetti Carbonara is a classic pasta dish made by coating pasta in a rich, creamy sauce of eggs, cheese, pork, and black pepper. The challenge is in combining these classic ingredients for a sauce with a perfectly silky texture. Join Chef Brendan Fleming as he guides you through the secrets of making one of Italy's great sauces.
Our classes are organized so you work together in a hands-on, fun and engaging environment with our professional chef instructor.
Hand made Spaghetti pasta with Carbonara sauce
• You will be actively cooking and preparing food for most of the class
• Students are usually grouped into teams of 2
• Classes are 2.5 hours, unless otherwise noted
• This class is limited to 24 students
• You will be standing and cooking for most of the class
• Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and be sure to pull back and secure long hair
• You will enjoy generous tasting portions of every dish
• You will receive a coupon good for $10 off in-store purchases at Glorioso’s Italian Market
• You must be 21 or older to attend this class
• Class is held at Glorioso's Appetito - 1020 E. Brady St.
Covid 19 Safety Policy
The safety of our staff and guests are of the utmost importance to us.
The following policies will be in place during COVID-19:
•In accordance with Wisconsin state regulations, masks are now optional for fully vaccinated guests in all classes, whether indoor or outdoor, at Glorioso’s Appetito. As a reminder, fully vaccinated means two weeks after your second vaccine dose if you got Pfizer or Moderna or two weeks after your single dose if you got Johnson and Johnson. If you are not fully vaccinated, masks are still required, but they can be removed while eating or drinking. Class attendees who provide proof of vaccination will not have to wear a mask. Send proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can show your card at the door the day of the class.
•Guests will visit our hand washing station upon the start of each class.
• Surfaces will be sanitized by our staff prior to your arrival.
Registering for this class constitutes acceptance of this policy