SUN 2/26: Michigan Beef Pasties
An authentic Michigan food, the original Cornish beef pasty was brought to the Michigan Upper Peninsula by the English copper miners of the 1840’s. Over 180 years later, this versatile meat pie has evolved to over a million variations and continues to be enjoyed each and every day.
In this hands-on cooking class, Chef John will show you how to make Michigan Beef Pasties from scratch. He will demonstrate how to make a perfect flaky crust, while you prepare the minced beef and vegetable filling. You will also learn the proper techniques to forming, filling, sealing, and baking each handheld pie.
Instructor: Chef John Loy
Bar opens at: 12:00pm
Class begins promptly at: 12:30pm
• You will be actively cooking and preparing food for 45-75 minutes
• Classes are 1-1.5 hours, unless otherwise noted
• Students are grouped into teams of 2
• This class is limited to 24 students
• Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and be sure to pull back and secure long hair
• You will receive a coupon good for $10 off in-store purchases at Glorioso’s Italian Market
• You must be 21 or older to attend this class
• This class will be held at Glorioso's Appetito 1020 E. Brady St. Milwaukee, WI 53202
Register early, these events typically sell out! NOTE: If you are trying to sign up for multiple seats and it does not allow you to do so at check out, seat availability is limited and the class may be close to being sold out.
**Classes are not refundable within 48 hours of class start.
**Ingredient substitutions cannot be made day of class.
**Please inform us of any food allergies 48 hours ahead of class.
See our complete Class Policies & Covid 19 Safety Policy here.
Registering for this class constitutes acceptance of our class policies.