Making Sicilian Cassata Cake
Cassata is a delicious Sicilian sponge cake made with liquor, and layered with cannoli filling. This rich, creamy, sweet cake makes a perfect dessert centerpiece for your next party. Join us as Chef Brendan guides us through making this traditional cake that’s moistened with amaretto and filled with ricotta, cinnamon, vanilla and chocolate chips! This class is part demonstration, part hands-on. You’ll be making the filling and frosting, and you will get to take the cake home with you.
Our classes are organized so you work together in a hands-on, fun and engaging environment with our professional chef instructor.
Chef Brendan Fleming
Doors Open: 12:00 pm
Class starts: 12:30 pm
Classes not refundable within 48 hours of class start. See our complete event policies here
• You will be actively cooking and preparing food for most of the class
• Students are grouped into teams of 2
• Classes are 2.5 hours, unless otherwise noted
• This class is limited to 24 students
• You will be standing and cooking for most of the class
• Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and be sure to pull back and secure long hair
• You will enjoy generous tasting portions of every dish
• You will receive a coupon good for $10 off in-store purchases at Glorioso’s Italian Market
• You must be 21 or older to attend this class
• This class will be held at Glorioso's Appetito
Covid 19 Safety Policy
The safety of our staff and guests are of the utmost importance to us. The following policies will be in place during COVID-19:
•In accordance with Wisconsin state regulations, masks are now optional for fully vaccinated guests in all classes, whether indoor or outdoor, at Glorioso’s Appetito.
•Guests will visit our hand washing station upon the start of each class.
• Surfaces will be sanitized by our staff prior to your arrival.
Registering for this class constitutes acceptance of this policy